Jin Shinjitzu, Accupressure, Crystal Therapy, Healing, Stress Relief

Jin Shinjitzu, Accupressure, Crystal Therapy, Healing, Stress Relief

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Food Revolution Summit Take-Aways

Take-Aways Are What Stick With Me

As I was eating dinner tonight, I remembered something from the Food Revolution Summit that struck me as profound. When we eat unprocessed, organic food, we get much more nutritional value out of it, so we can be nourished, and feel satisfied, while eating much less. 

That is certainly something to remember when price comparing regular and organic food. If I need less organic, than regular food, the price difference is less. 



Speaking of prices, in The Food Summit, I got a clearer picture of how the politics of food greatly impacts food prices. Subsidies are given for growing GMO corn, which is used largely for animal feed, ethanol, and high fructose corn syrup used in processed foods. 

There are no subsidies for growing fruits and vegetables. So look in the grocery store and you will find that Doritos are cheaper than apples. Something is definitely wrong here.

Have you noticed that the poor in Africa are skinny, while the poor in the U.S. are obese? Poor people buy the cheapest calories. So the food industry aims to make addictive, cheap food, that people will eat in large quantities. 

They fill food with sugar, salt, and fat to create an addictive response. People then crave the junk food, and eat lots of it, without being nourished by the empty calories. Did you know that calorie per calorie,Twinkies are cheaper than carrots?  So the poor are undernourished and obese, which leads to multiple chronic health issues like diabetes.  

I have already reduced my sugar, salt, and fat intake. I am taking a hard look at where I have processed foods in my diet. I have already eliminated most of them. It feels like time to eliminate the rest. My take-away from the Food Revolution Summit is that you are what you eat. So I am making my motto Eat4Life, because I plan to live in good health, for a very long time.