Jin Shinjitzu, Accupressure, Crystal Therapy, Healing, Stress Relief

Jin Shinjitzu, Accupressure, Crystal Therapy, Healing, Stress Relief

Saturday, May 3, 2014

2014 Food Revolution Summit Highlights: Helping You To Heal Your Body & The World With Food


As an Energy Healer, I know that the food and liquids we consume, and the air we breathe, are major sources of the ch'i, or life energy, that sustains us. So I believe that ingesting healthy food and liquids, (water for me) and living in a non-toxic environment, are matters of life and death.


I was alarmed in 2013 when all three major hospitals in my SF Bay Area city of Oakland, built massive additions, that appeared much bigger than population increase would dictate. So I am asking the question: With all of our advances, information, and technology, why are people experiencing more and more disease, instead of greater health?

In my own life, I have had many food and environmental allergies and sensitivities. Most of them, I have healed with changes in my lifestyle and diet. Unfortunately, it's becoming increasingly difficult to find unadulterated food, and pure water. 

So I am very interested in the Food Revolution that promises to tell the truth about GMOs and dangerous chemicals, and how carbs, gluten, fat, and sugar affect weight, energy, sleep, and the planet. Knowledge is power, so I want to know. 


Why I Find This Credible...


I am old enough to remember when John Robbins decided to walk away from his father's Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream empire. John knew that ice cream was not healthy food, so he refused to make money selling it. Instead, John pursued his dream of a truly healthy, sustainable way of life. 

Fortunately for us, using critical thinking, good research, and documented evidence, John Robbins has become an educator, author, and advocate, eloquently leading the movement to create "an environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling, and socially just human presence on this planet."  http://johnrobbins.info/about-john/

In The Food Revolution Summit, John has read the books and checked the up-to-date research to conduct concise interviews that get to the heart of what matters most to consumers wanting to heal their body and the earth. John Robbins interviews experts in Medicine, Science, Nutrition, Public Policy, and Sustainability who are leading the way with conviction and passion, backed by sound research.

What I am Doing... And How it Helps YOU...

Friends and clients told me that they care, though just don't have the time to listen. So I listened to many of the interviews and took notes on what I found most important. Over time, I will be blogging about the 2014 Food Revolution Summit Highlights, to keep you in the loop. 

On the very first day, John Robbins cited statistics that shed some light on the hospital additions in my city. 
In 1950, Americans spent 22% of their disposable income on food, and 5% on healthcare. Now, Americans spend 9% on food and 18% on healthcare. WIth all of our advances in the last sixty years, why are we paying almost four times on health care, which is really disease management, and less than half on food? 

Margaret Meade said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." 

If you would like to be part of the change, stay tuned...